- is one of the largest geographical cooperatives in Kansas covering 10,000 square miles.
- encompasses 14 districts and employs a professional and support staff of over 450 individuals.
- provides services in 25 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 14 high schools to over 10,000 students.
- provides quality special education services including diagnostic and psychological services, instructional classes and assistance in all areas of exceptionality.
- provides continuing support for teachers and programs including inservices, materials budgets and paraeducational support when needed.
- provides half tuition reimbursement for approved college hours after the first year of employment.
- enjoys a diverse student body and a strong level of community support for educational programs.
- schools are fully accredited by the Kansas State Department of Education and/or by the North Central Accreditation Commission on secondary schools.
- incorporates a vision of high expectations for all learners and strives to employ an innovative and diverse body of educators.
- a majority of staff who have received post-bachelor training with a large percentage of staff holding a master's degree.
- staff averages over 13 years of professional teaching experience but ranges from first year teachers to instructors with over 35 years of experience.
- serves communities ranging in size from 200 to 25,000 in total population.
- embraces a mission of meeting the needs of all exceptional children in the least restrictive environment possible.
"We Help Kids"
To meet the educational needs of all exceptional children in the least restrictive environment possible.
(1) Improve the professional skills of the cooperative staff
(2) Provide special education services in the student's home school
(3) Increase regular education accommodation of special education students
(4) Improve transition procedures for preschool and graduating special education students
(5) Provide special education services appropriate to individual student needs and eventual adult living
(6) Continue to provide cost saving services to member districts
(7) Continue to implement computerized IEPs and Management Information System
"We Help Kids"