SKACD Certified Application
Information submitted by the applicant through this form will be used by SKACD Special Education Cooperative to screen your qualifications for employment. If a suitable match is determined by SKACD, you will be contacted to proceed with the application process.
The SKACD 613 Board of Directors and Administrators strive to maintain a well qualified and diverse teaching staff. It is a fundamental belief of the Cooperative that the learning process is dependent upon sound teaching and expertise that a teacher brings to the classroom and the community. In order to be considered for a teaching position, it is necessary to complete the application process. To do so, the following documents will need to be provided and will be used in considering employment for available positions within the Cooperative.
1. A current resume'
2. A cover letter stating your interest for employment and the position for which you are applying
3. A completed application form
4. A copy of your transcripts
5. Three references with current addresses and current telephone numbers
A successful applicant must be able to fulfill Kansas teaching certificate requirements as listed below:
1. Hold a baccalaureate or master's degree and have completed an approved program
2. Completion of standard certification application form with submission of official college transcripts and indicated process fee
3. Recommendation from parent institution
4. Minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 on 4.0 grade system
In addition, applicants for initial Kansas certification are required to pass the Pre-Professional Skills Test and the National Teacher's Examination Professional Knowledge Test. The holder of a valid out-of-state certificate issued prior to May 1, 1986 is exempt from this requirement.
Please note: Teachers who hold special education certification from the following states automatically qualify for a two year provisional endorsement in special education which eliminates the above requirements for that time period: Missouri, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota.
Send the completed Teacher Certification Application to:
Kansas State Department of Education
120 S.E. 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66612-1182
"We Help Kids"