The Southwest Kansas Area Cooperative District (SKACD) #613:
- is one of the largest geographical cooperatives in Kansas covering 10,000 square miles.
- encompasses 14 districts and employs a professional and support staff of over 500 individuals.
- provides services in 25 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 14 high schools to over 10,000 students.
- provides quality special education services including diagnostic and psychological services, instructional classes and assistance in all areas of exceptionality.
- provides continuing support for teachers and programs including inservice training, materials, and paraprofessional support when needed.
- provides half tuition reimbursement for approved college hours after the first year of employment.
- enjoys a diverse student body and a strong level of community support for educational programs.
- schools are fully accredited by the Kansas State Department of Education and/or by the North Central Accreditation Commission on secondary schools.
- incorporates a vision of high expectations for all learners and strives to employ an innovative and diverse body of educators.
- a majority of staff who have received post-bachelor training with a large percentage of staff holding a master's degree.
- staff averages over 13 years of professional teaching experience but ranges from first year teachers to instructors with over 35 years of experience.
- serves communities ranging in size from 200 to 25,000 in total population.
- embraces a mission of meeting the needs of all exceptional children in the least restrictive environment possible.
SKACD will provide a caring environment where students and staff are supported to ensure students’ needs are met, both academically and emotionally, in order for students to have the life skills to be independent, lifelong learners, and successful contributors in their communities.
SKACD will educate our students to their maximum potential for them to be successful and independent as lifelong learners.