The Southwest Kansas Area Cooperative District (SKACD) #613:
- is one of the largest geographical school districts in Kansas covering 10,000 square miles
- encompasses 14 districts and employs approximatly 500 people
- offers special education and related services in 40 schools to over 10,000 students
- provides continuing support for teachers and programs including inservice training, materials, and paraprofessional support
- provides tuition support (either direct payments or reimbursements) to employees wishing to pursue special education degrees
- enjoys a diverse student body and a strong level of community support for educational programs
- incorporates a vision of high expectations for all learners and strives to employ an innovative and diverse body of educators
- a majority of staff who have received post-bachelor training with a large percentage of staff holding a master's degree
- serves communities ranging in size from 200 to 25,000 in total population
- embraces a mission of meeting the needs of all exceptional children in the least restrictive environment possible
SKACD will provide a caring environment where students and staff are supported to ensure students’ needs are met, both academically and emotionally, in order for students to have the life skills to be independent, lifelong learners, and successful contributors in their communities.
SKACD will educate our students to their maximum potential for them to be successful and independent as lifelong learners.