The Southwest Kansas Area Cooperative District (SKACD) #613:
- is one of the largest geographical school districts in Kansas (over 6,500 square miles)
- encompasses 14 districts and employs approximately 500 people
- offers special education and related services in over 40 schools
- provides training for teachers: including inservice training, specialty instructional materials, and paraprofessional support
- provides tuition support to employees wishing to pursue special education degrees
- enjoys a diverse student body and a strong level of community support for educational programs
- strives to employ an innovative and diverse body of educators
- employs a majority of professional employees with bachelors degrees, with a large percentage of professionals holding a master's degree or higher
- serves communities ranging in size from 200 to 25,000 in total population
SKACD will provide a caring environment where students and staff are supported to ensure students’ needs are met, both academically and emotionally, in order for students to have the life skills to be independent, lifelong learners, and successful contributors in their communities.
SKACD will educate our students to their maximum potential for them to be successful and independent as lifelong learners.